Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Judge Judy has nothin' on Mamas....

I have a lot of friends with children. Who am I kidding? I have maybe two friends that don't and that is only because one of them is a couple still expecting and another is a couple who has fertility issues. I'm often bombarded with emails, text messages, and the obligatory Facebook post about what wonderful things their children are doing today. I need to do this. I need to make it a point to share one new thing that my kids do every, single, day. I don't do it often enough. It is now a challenge to myself at before I sleep at night, to think of one good thing that each of my children did to make my day brighter.

Amazingly, this is now being mocked in the blogging world and Facebook alike. I feel like its becoming a bad thing to share milestones, and don't dare say that you are "blessed" because then you're a liar who pretends that nothing is wrong in life. Perhaps those people just don't want to share the "wrong", but instead of people thinking of it that way, they see it as someone's attempt at making life look perfect. So am I now supposed to post all of the crap things that happen in our house daily? My friends, I would clog your news feed and RSS like a barracks toilet on Mexican night at the chow hall. Want me to post only the good? I hate to say it, but on some days, I get in my slump and I see no good going on. OHHHH, you want a nice, politically-correct, mixture of the good and bad of life!! I get it!

Heres the thing about blogging. Your blog is YOURS. You post the good, you post the bad, you post them both and there you have.....I'll stop myself from breaking out into song here. Some people only post the good. On the contrary, in blogging and on Facebook, some people only post the bad. I find though, that I have those people on my news feed or my followed blogs for a reason. I am intrigued.

What I'm saying is that if someone wants to post their Happy McHappyFace all day, everyday, why are other mamas complaining about it? I assure you, they have bad in their life. They just don't share it with the world. And if that gives other mamas some sort of false sense about the blogger's life and their own, then so be it. We can't save 'em all. There are a few, well-loved by many thousands of people blogs out there, that I cannot stand to read. So, I don't read them. Don't read it if it the only emotion you get out of it is anger towards the person and their so-called perfection. We all know its a dream world, but hey....if I'm having a dream world kind of day, no one better burst my bubble. If you don't like someone's happy, don't taint it with your sad or angry.

I will continue to blog our days. Good days, bad days, whatever I feel like posting that day. Mostly good. Because I am blessed. I owe all of our days to God. When need be, I will praise him. I will even *gasp* praise him publicly. There are joys with Autism, not just the horrible things that people read and hear. My ability to see those joys are what makes me blessed. I'm praying that He will help me find the ability to share ALL of the good that Autism has brought into our lives.

Unless there is something that can actually be done to help out a fellow mama, why are we judging each other so harsly? We must be the warriors that we want to be in our child's life, whether they have special needs or not. We must show them that we will not make fun of others for any reason. Whether it be a false sense of what reality is or the doom and gloom kind of human. We must be the example of what we want them to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment